Off the Page
Off the Page is an exciting new addition in the expanding partnership between the San Francisco Film Society and the Kenneth Rainin Foundation. Writer/directors who have received an SFFS / KRF Filmmaking grant and have completed at least one draft of their screenplay or writer/directors who are interested in applying for the grant are invited to take part in a script work-shopping day at the San Francisco Film Center building in the Presidio. The script workshop will be with professional actors who are ideally interested in or being considered for the film.
Off the Page is by invitation only.
Past Off the Page sessions include:
- Mario de La Vega's The Undeniable Charm of Sloppy Unruh with actors Kyle Chandler, John Hawkes and Amy Ryan.
- Carlton Evans and Matthew Lessner's Ross with actors Blake Bashoff, Alia Shawkat and Matt L. Jones.
- Ryan Coogler's Fruitvale Station with lead actors Michael B. Jordan and Melonie Diaz.
- Mark Elijah Rosenberg's Ad Inexplorata with producer Matt Parker and actors Scott Shepherd and Christopher Upham.
- Gillian Robespierre's Obvious Child with producer Elisabeth Holm and actors Gaby Hoffmann, Gabe Liedman and Jenny Slate.