SFIFF60: Call for Entries
The San Francisco International Film Festival (SFIFF) is recognized throughout the world for its eclectic, intelligent and adventurous programs and events. An essential stop on the festival circuit, SFIFF celebrates the best in international cinema and enriches a robust community of engaged, curious and diverse audiences.
Submissions for SFIFF60 (April 2017) are now open.
Works in all genres, forms and lengths are considered.
General Information for Entries
- All entries must have been completed on or after January 1, 2016.
- Features previously exhibited in the Bay Area, either theatrically, at another local festival or via television or web broadcast are not eligible to apply.
- Bay Area filmmakers are eligible for additional Bay Area awards given in recognition of the rich variety of work that has established Northern California as a center of independent production. Awards are presented to a documentary feature film and two short films. To qualify for a Bay Area award, entries must have been made by a filmmaker who is a current resident of the San Francisco Bay Area (the area from Monterey to Mendocino—postal zip codes 93901 to 95457). Producers, crew or cast members are not eligible for entry fee discounts or Bay Area Golden Gate Awards.
- Rough cuts or works-in-progress are accepted and reviewed. However, filmmakers are urged to submit as close to the final cut as possible. The Festival will not accept new versions of an entry unless requested by the programming staff.
- All entrants will be notified of the Festival's decision by March 2017.