|SFFS Filmmaking Grants are open to screenwriters that satisfy the following criteria.
Priority will be given to
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must have been a practicing writer for at least five years and have written a minimum of one previous feature screenplay.
- Applicant must reside in the United States.
- Work must express both a unique personal perspective and artistic approach to the subject.
- The application, screenplays and treatments must be written in English.
- Scripts must be properly formatted to industry standard. Digital submissions must be in PDF format only.
- Scripts by more than one writer are eligible but the grant will be given to the applicant only.
- This is a screenwriting grant - completed screenplays are not eligible. Funds will not be awarded to work on preproduction.
- Writers who have had their previous short or feature screenplays made into an independent film.
- Projects that are vibrant, intelligent, moving and innovative.
- Please note that while we encourage filmmakers to apply for to the SF Internation Film Festival, Cinema by the Bay and Filmmaker360 project development program, winning a grant from Filmmaker360 does not guaranteed acceptance into any of the above programs.
- Filmmaker clearly articulates his or her intended goals for the Grant
- Filmmaker demonstrates how the Grant will impact short- and long-term professional and artistic goals.
- Filmmaker may not be a SFFS employee or member of any SFFS board.
- Filmmaker may not be a full-time student.
- Project is not work for hire.
- Only one application per project will be accepted.
- Script must not have been optioned, purchased, in production or produced.
- Adaptations of any work (other than your own or your co-writer's) are not eligible.
HOW TO APPLY
DEVELOPER'S NOTE: http://www.sffs.org/content.aspx?catid=938,1006&pageid=3079